Setting up a Gmail Account:
● Sign up for a new Google account by surfing to https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=SignUp
● Enter Your First and Last Name
● Choose a username. This can be some form of your real name, or if you wish to have a more anonymous name it can be something more mysterious.
● Choose a password. Your password should have 8 or more characters, with a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
● Click on next.
● If the username is taken, try adding a number to the beginning or end.
● At the next screen enter your phone number. Use your mobile number if you have one. This will be used as a password recovery tool, so it’s important to add.
● Enter a recovery email address. This field is optional. You can enter your current Mymail/Zimbra address if you like, or another email address. Keep in mind your Zimbra address will only be good until May 4, 2020.
● Enter your birth date, and gender information, then click on next.
● In the next screen, you will be prompted to validate your phone number. Click on “Send” or “not now”.
● At the next screen, you will see Google’s Privacy and Terms statement. Read the statement, and scroll to the bottom and click on “I agree” to continue. Click on “more options” to personalize your privacy options.
● You should now be taken to your Google Account Home screen.
● Optional: We recommend you set up two factor authentication to keep your account secure. This can be achieved by clicking on the security button on the left side of your screen. To bypass this step, skip to step the section “Login to Your GMail Account”.
● After clicking on the security option in the left panel click on “2 Step Verification” in the “Signing into Google” section.
● On the next screen click on “Get Started”
● Enter your account password if prompted.
● Enter your mobile phone number. If you do not have a mobile phone, enter your home phone number.
● Select whether you want to receive your codes with a text message (recommended) or with a phone call (non-mobile phones).
● Click Next.
● Enter the code you received by either text or phone call, and click next.
● At the next screen click “turn on”
● The next time an unfamiliar device attempts to log into your google account a code will be sent to your phone number for verification.